Saturday 15 August 2015

Infinity Ring - A Mutiny in Time



Infinity Ring Book 1: A Mutiny in Time

Author: James Dashner
Genre: Science Fiction Adventure
Pages: 190

When Dak's parents go away for the weekend, Dak and his friend Sera steal a key and venture into Dak's parent's secret and forbidden lab. They then discover the infinity ring which takes people back in time. They are captured by the Hystorians and  told that the world is in danger from the S.Q. (an evil team that is trying to take over the world by creating breaks in history). With a boy named Riq,the infinity ring takes them back in time so that they can fix the Great Breaks and change the past to what it was intended to be.  Can Dak, Sera, and Riq save the world before the SQ get them?

I rate A Mutiny in Time  5 out of 5. There was a lot of action and suspense.I loved this book so much, I couldn't put it down. I was captivated and felt like I was swept into the book and was with them on their adventure. This book also made me think a lot. I enjoyed trying to solve the problems they faced.  This is the first book of eight books in the series and I can't wait to read the next. Also in the book there is a secret flap that can only be opened after the book is read. This peaked my curiosity and was fun for me to reveal the surprise inside the book when I was done reading.

There is an online game with this book too. Check the side bar of my blog for the link.

I really recommend this book. It is one of my favourite books.

QUOTES 

1.  "Fear is always more powerful than truth.”
2. "Time is like a river, right? That's what time stream means. The current is flowing in one direction - toward the future - and we're all being pulled for a ride. The Ring, of course, lets us move upstream or downstream at will." 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment