Wednesday 29 July 2015

The Maze Of Bones - 39 Clues # 1


Author: Rick Riordan
Genre: Adventure
Pages: 224

Would you rather have $1,000,000 or  be the most powerful person in the history of the world? Amy, Dan and their extended family had that option. Amy and Dan chose to take the quest hoping to become the most powerful people. If they chose the million dollars and one of their evil family members got all the power, the world would be in danger. So, the two kids were off on an adventure of a lifetime starting with escaping from their deceased grandmother's mansion that someone tried to burn down and getting away from a man who was constantly spying on them. The kids find out that the first clue is where Benjamin Franklin lived so the destination is to Paris. With many obstacles in their way can they find the answer to the first clue?

I rate The Maze of Bones  3.5 out of 5  because when I started reading the book it appeared that it would be jammed pack full of action, but at times it was slow and I had expected the story to be a bit more exciting. What I did like about the book besides the action parts, is that the author had many non-fiction facts. I learnt a lot about Benjamin Franklin.

There are 11 other books in this series which are written by different authors. I have read three, but this one is the best. There is an online game. See my sidebar for a like to the game.

I recommend this book for those who enjoy action, mystery, and non-fiction.

In 2016, a movie will be released and I am eager to see it.



No comments:

Post a Comment