Wednesday 22 July 2015

I Want to go Home




Author: Gordon Korman
Genre:   Humour
Pages: 184


Rudy is a pro at chess, sports, swimming and pretty much everything. He doesn't want to go away to overnight camp -  it's not his ideal summer -  but the guidance counsellors at his school suggested it as a way for him to start making friends.  At camp, he meets Mike Webster and becomes good friends with him.  They attempt many challenges to breakout from camp. But with their counsellor Chip, trying to stop them from leaving, the escape is starting to get  tough. Will they succeed in outsmarting their counsellor and leave camp for good?


I rate,  I Want to go Home 4.5 out of 5. I thought there was a lot of action in the book  and since I like action books this book was great for me! This book is also laugh out loud funny which made it very enjoyable to read. Also, at the end of each chapter there is a part about a beaver building his dam. That made me interested in beavers so I researched about them. At the end of my review are some facts about beavers. 
  
This story made me think if  Rudy was so good at playing sports, then why did he always say,  "I don't play sports."? My ideas to answer this question are:

Rudy didn't want to show off. 
He felt too much pressure on him always trying to be perfect.  
He didn't like sports. 

If you read the book, please send a comment as to why you think he would say this.

One memorable line at the end of the book is:

"Next year we won't let him in", said Chip "Next year he'll be trying to break in instead of breaking out .", said Frank.    

My recommendation is to read this book if you want action and a good laugh!

Beavers

  • nocturnal
  • has flaps behind ears, eyes, nose, and 2 front orange teeth for going under water.
  •  Diet: Berries, tree trunks, bark, leafs. (herbivore)
  • largest rodent in Canada, 2nd largest rodent in the world.
  • important in Canada's history - fur trade.

  

                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment